Current Hiking Conditions for The Presidential Range
The trail conditions below are the most recent available, compiled for The Presidential Range.
See Current Hiking Trail Conditions Map
for additional trip reports and information.
The Presidential Range Weather changes very quickly
. I recommend you check both the MWOBS
Higher Summits Forecast
as well as the NOAA recreational forecast below.
NOAA Recreational Forecast
Cached: 12PM Thu May 23rd (twice daily)
RECREATION FORECAST FOR ELEVATIONS BETWEEN 2500 AND 4000 FEET IN NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND THE WESTERN MAINE MOUNTAINS...
.TODAY: A CHANCE OF SHOWERS THIS MORNING. THUNDERSTORMS. SHOWERS THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT: THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING. SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S. WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH IN THE EVENING. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY: SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT. $$
RECREATION FORECAST FOR SUMMITS ABOVE 4000 FEET IN NORTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND WESTERN MAINE...
.TODAY: SUMMITS OBSCURED. SHOWERS. THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH...EXCEPT SOUTHWEST 35 TO 45 MPH AT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 5000 FEET. CHANCE OF RAIN 90 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT: THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING. SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH DECREASING TO AROUND 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY: SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH INCREASING TO 50 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT. $$
Trail Conditions Compiled: 09PM Thu 23-May-2013 (every 2 hours)
- May 04 | A Madison and Adams Nontaditional Loop | H-NH Trip Report
- May 04 | Madison and Adams via Howker Ridge trail | VFTT Trip Report
- May 04 | Mt Madison, Mt Adams, NH via Howker Ridge Tr, Osgood Tr, Airline, Israel Ridge Path, Gray Knob Tr, Spur Tr, Randolph Path | NETC Trip Report
- May 03 | Mt. Adams and Mt. Madison, NH via Amphibrac Trail, Spur Trail, Lowe Path, Air Line, Gulfside Trail, Parapet Trail, Osgood trail, Watson Path, Pine Link and Valley Way | NETC Trip Report
- Check the map near 44.325,-71.284 for more reports
- May 22 | None, NH via Presidential Rail Trail, Castle Trail, The Link | NETC Trip Report
- May 05 | May 5 - Mt Adams via Great Gully Winter Route | VFTT Trip Report
- May 05 | Mount Madison, Mount Adams, Mount Jefferson, NH via Valley Way, Osgood, Gulfside, Jefferson Loop, Jewell Trails | NETC Trip Report
- Apr 29 | Mt. Madison, Adams and Jefferson | TBH Trip Report
- Check the map near 44.321,-71.301 for more reports
- May 18 | Mt.Jefferson & Mt.Washington, NH via Boundry Trail,Caps Ridge,Gulf Side,Jewel | NETC Trip Report
- May 08 | Jefferson, NH via Castle, Jefferson Loop, Gulfside, Raymond Path, Israel Ridge | NETC Trip Report
- May 04 | Mt. Washington, Mt. Jefferson, NH via Jewell, Gulfside, Trinity Heights Connector, Jefferson Loop | NETC Trip Report
- Apr 29 | Jefferson and Adams via Lowes, Gray Knob, Israel Ridge, Gulfside, Jeff Loop - 4/29 | VFTT Trip Report
- Check the map near 44.304,-71.315 for more reports
- May 18 | Eisenhower & Monroe 5/18/13 | VFTT Trip Report
- May 04 | Mount Monroe, Mount Eisenhower, Mount Washington, NH via Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail. Crawford Path, Monroe Loop, Eisenhower Loop (North), Gulfside Trail, Jewell Trail | NETC Trip Report
- Apr 17 | 4-17-13: Historical Notes Regarding Two Early Shelters, Cascade Camp and The Perch, on the Northern | WMS Trip Report
- Apr 07 | Mt. Monroe, NH via Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail, Monroe Loop | NETC Trip Report
- Check the map near 44.254,-71.325 for more reports
† Mt. Jackson was named after the geologist Charles Thomas Jackson. Not President Andrew Jackson.